Frequently Asked Questions

Answers from a Paoli Family Law Attorney

At Snyder Family Law, I have dedicated myself to helping clients get through a wide range of matters of divorce and family law. I am known for being highly compassionate and caring, and I work hard to ensure your needs and rights are protected.

Q: What are the benefits of mediation in divorce?
A: The divorce process can be very confusing and difficult for both you and your spouse, your entire family, and any children involved. Using a method of alternative dispute resolution such as mediation can relieve the stress involved in the process.

Q: How do equitable distribution cases proceed in Chester County?
A: The case is initially scheduled before a Master in Divorce who handles the preliminary conference, settlement conference and any discovery issues. The Master will provide guidance to the parties in an effort to resolve the matter and many cases do resolve by agreement at the settlement conference. If no agreement is reached, the matter is listed for trial before the Master and the Master makes a recommendation based on the evidence presented.

Q: Can you help me with my same-sex family issues?
A: Absolutely. I offer legal support, guidance, and representation to all couples and families, including same-sex couples. Whether you are seeking to adopt a child, are in the middle of a separation, or are facing unique legal matters, I am here to help.

Q: How can an attorney help with matters of adoption?
A: Adoption can be quite complex and time-consuming. From the time you start the process, you may find yourself overwhelmed with all of the interviews and required forms. An attorney can help you get through the process smoothly with the intended result.

Q: How is child custody determined?
A: There are many factors that are considered when a conciliator or judge determines arrangements for child custody. Generally, a judge will make his or her decision based on the best interest of the child, and any factors that may affect the child’s emotional, psychological or physical well-being will be taken into account. I can help ensure that you understand your rights and seek a result that works for you and your family.

Q: How is child support determined?
A: In Pennsylvania, there are Guidelines to calculate child support; however, there are many other factors that may impact a child support determination.

Q: Can I get a Protection from Abuse Order (often thought of as a restraining order) against my violent spouse/partner?
A: If your spouse, partner, or ex-spouse/partner has been violent towards you or your children, you may be able to file a petition seeking a protection from abuse order against them. You will need to prove that you (or your children) are in danger and need protection from domestic violence.

Still have questions?
Call my firm now at (610) 224-9022 to make an appointment!


  • “The BEST Attorney in West Westerson County!”

    - Other Reviewer

  • “Professional and knowledgeable!! Do yourself a favor and call this practice now!”

    - Google Reviewer

  • “Forever grateful! Thanks to attorney Bob Masterson I was able to get back to my loved ones.”

    - Avvo Reviewer

  • “The BEST Attorney in West Westerson County!”

    - Avvo Reviewer

View More

Contact Snyder Family Law PC Today

I Would Be Proud To Help Your Family Through This Difficult Time